Bus Fleet Case Study
The customer intends to utilize the vehicle GPS tracking system for monitoring the fleet of buses with the objective to:
- Improve the monitoring activity of the bus operations in real-time.
- Improve the safety of the truck fleet operations
- Generate better monitoring and reporting of the fleet to improve the distribution cycle
- Utilize a robust GPS tracking and fleet management system which they are built on as they grow or require more features
- In addition to general tracking information, the customer also wanted to also wanted:
- Monitor fuel levels and consumption
- SOS Panic button
- Monitor cabin temperature
Case Study Solution
SatNetCom installed the SNC GlobalTrack GPS tracking and fleet management solution to assist in the management of their fleet of trucks.
As the trucks were operating in a metropolitan area, the trucks used the GSM/GPRS network.